22 November 2010

2011 DEBUT AUTHOR CHALLENGE

Normally I pick up books quite randomly from the library, without really focusing on who/what I'm reading: I simply enjoy reading. But for 2011 I've decided to treat myself by buying myself a book every month. (This might seem a ridiculously small amount of books, but as I have so little money at the moment this really is a big treat for me!) Each of these books will be a YA book written by a debut author, and which I will review. The reason....

'The Story Siren' is hosting the 2011 Debut Author Challenge, and I will be taking part. All you have to do is read 12 YA/MG books by authors that are debuting in 2011, and you can take part in it whether or not you have a blog. If you want more information or to find out how to sign up then go here

So far, my planned books for the year are:

January: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White [Review here]
February: The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney 
March: TBC
April: Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton 
May: TBC 
June: TBC 
July: TBC 
August: TBC 
September: TBC 
October: TBC 
November: TBC 
December: TBC

I'll be updating my side bar as I figure out which books I will be reading each month.

Is anyone else taking part, or do you have any suggestions for debut authors?

6 comments:

Cristina said...

oh, this sounds like an awesome challenge. I'm going to check it out and I might join in.

Hannah Mariska said...

definitely! I'm so behind on new authors and books, that i'm really looking forward to this!

Jamie Gibbs said...

This sounds like a lot of fun! I very rarely read YA fiction, but this might be a good chance for me to dip into the genre :)

Hannah Mariska said...

There are so many books coming out next year by new authors...the story siren has a big list to look through.

I'm reading Juliet Marrilier's Heart Blood. Thought I'd look her up after you recommendation of her work!

the story siren said...

thanks so much for joining the challenge! hope you discover some great new authors in '11!! happy reading and good luck!

kirsty at the overflowing library said...

you have a fab selection there! I found you through the DAC sign up page and am now a new follower. Good luck with the challenge.