12 November 2010

BOOK BLOGGER HOP

Hello friends, I'm going to be good this week and blog. I was a happy bunny coming home today, as I had a lovely lovely letter from my new penpal BC at 'A Fairy's Playground'. I'm really glad to have BC as my new writer friend, and I can't wait to get to know her some more :)
So over to this week's Book Blogger Hop - which is a weekly event hosted by Jennifer at 'Crazy For Books'.




The Hop is a fantastic way to get your blog noticed more and visit some other cool blogs that you didn't know about before, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! If you want to join, visit Jenn at Crazy-for-Books!!

This week's question comes from Cristina at 'The Paperback Princesses':




"IF YOU FIND A BOOK THAT LOOKS INTERESTING
BUT IS PART OF A SERIES,
DO YOU ALWAYS START WITH THE FIRST TITLE?"

Hmmm, well it's definitely annoying to read a book and have lots of hints to a background story you know nothing of. But as my book budget at the moment is £0, I'm back to borrowing from libraries. Unfortunately they seem to love stocking the 2nd or 3rd or 4th in a series. Never the first. Why?! Well, today I actually stood in the library for a good few minutes debating whether to get Kat Richardson's 'Labyrinth', which is 5th in the 'Greywalker' series. Do you think they have the earlier ones in the series....of course not - that's too easy. So after much internal debating, and at the risk of looking like I was lost amongst the three short aisles, I decided that yes I would get it. If I like it then I'll definitely read the earlier books in the series. Its just a shame that I'll know what happens in the very end. I can only hope Kat Richardson writes a sixth book, and leaves me something to look forward to ;)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by!

Did you ever go back to read the first few books in the Sookie Stackhouse series? It's worth it (at least I think so, but I'm a little biased!).

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I should learn to read. Did you end up reading the 2nd and 3rd books?

Cristina said...

Hey, stopping by from the Book Blog Hop.. just browsing through your blob and have you read The Hunger Games yet? by far one of my favorites.
I'm a new follower :)

Uniquely Moi Books said...

I'm a new follower too. I love Sookie Stackhouse and finished them a while back and oh how I miss them. If you haven't read them, please do!

Madigan Mirza said...

As a librarian, I can tell you that annoyingly, things go out of print sooo much faster than they used to. And budgets are tighter than they used to be. So, lots of times, the first book in a series has been checked out a lot, and either becomes completely worn out or lost or missing, and we don't have the budget or the ability to replace it! Quite vexing, I assure you! I prefer being able to carry the full run of a series.

Heather @ Love Life and Reading said...

Hello fellow blogger! new follower to your page here. Just wanted to drop some *love* and say that you have a wonderful blog here! I'm new to blogging and would love if you could return the favor and follow my page! Happy Blogging!

pruesbookblog.blogspot.com

Hannah Mariska said...

I have now read all the sookie stackhouse books. i do love them! i'm watching the tv series which has some big differences. might go back and re-read them all.

cristina, the hunger games are on my christmas list! hopefully i'll get to read it soon! i've heard some much good stuff about them.

Thanks Madigan for the librarians view! I can understand that books get moved around a lot (i always drop a book off at a different library than where i picked it up!) and it must just be impossible to keep a series together let alone replace old copies! I think I would spend a lot of time uselessly moving books around if i worked in a library! ;)

heather, added you too! welcome!

Alisha said...

hi! thank you so much for stopping off at my hop! i love your blog content and the design! absolutely beautiful...i agree with you on the library thing, they never do seem to give out the first book, it's like they're holding it for themselves:P

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my hopping blog! I really appreciate it.

BC said...

Hey! Thanks for mentioning me in your blog :) Sorry I've been a bit MIA in the blogosphere, and unfortunately I will probably continue to be scarce for a while yet. Glad you got my letter!

Jamie Gibbs said...

I'm the same. I'm a big fan of reading a series from the start and working my way through. I've had Robert Jordan's 4th WoT book on my shelf for three years but I refuse to read it until I've gone through books 1-3 :P