13 January 2011

NEWS, UPDATES AND AWARDS

I recently joined a community magazine called Neighbours Paper, so that I can help write articles and work on a small editorial team. I've got to interview film director Tony Palmer on Saturday...my first proper interview...I feel like Louis Lane!
I've just come across The Speculative Fiction Reading Challenge hosted by Floor To Ceiling Books...It looks really good but I'm not sure whether to take part, as I've already signed up to other challenges. The idea is that you read 12 speculative fiction (horror, fantasy, sci-fi) books over the year. Hop on over and take a look.



I have also very kindly been awarded the Stylish Blogger award by Jamie at MithrilWisdom and by Kelly at Nerdville Rhapsody - thank you guys! The idea is that you write seven things about yourself, and nominate 10 other bloggers you've recently discovered for the award.


So for 10 great bloggers (mostly fantasy, you might notice): Only The Best Sci-Fi/FantasyFantasy Book CriticFantasy CafeFantasy Literature's Fantasy Book and Audiobook ReviewsGalleyCatTia NevittVampire Book ClubFeeling FictionalDemitria Lunetta and A Dribble of Ink.


And for my 7 facts:

I'm a vegetarian and Welsh. I can't wink.
I did a degree in Psychology (but I can't tell what you're thinking).

I'm not very decisive (when I was younger I wanted to be an actress or an architect or an astronomer or maybe even a dancer. In fact I still haven't decided what I want to do!). I fell of a quad bike pretending to be Lara Croft, and fractured my elbow.
I met my gorgeous, lovely boyfriend almost 5 years ago in a piercing studio. Ah, true love can happen in the strangest of places!

2 comments:

Jamie Gibbs said...

Good luck with the interview :)

I'd highly recommend the Speculative Fiction Challenge, but I'm kinda biased, hehe. I wanted to be an actor/astronaut/architect at some point too; somehow I settled for Egyptologist :P

Sarah said...

Congratulations on your award Hannah & thanks so much for sharing it with me (is it sad that I almost didn't recognise my own blog name?? LOL)

I'm just like you - I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up which is scary considering how old I'll be on my next birthday!! How cool that you met your boyfriend in a piercing studio - I think I need to start hanging out in my nearest tattoo parlor to land myself a hunky tattooed guy :o)